Thursday, April 20, 2017

Faithful Servant (Matthew 25:21)

Today’s scripture: Matthew 25:21

I don’t know about you, but my greatest hope is to stand before the Lord one day and hear the words: “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

I want so much to know that I have served Him well here on earth.

You probably want the same.

How do we know if we’ve served Him well?

Honestly, we really won’t know this side of heaven how we’ve served Him. What we can do is be available for whatever He calls us to do.

I try, each and every day, to surrender myself to Him … if only for that day. Sometimes, though, I’m guilty of releasing my day to Him … and then snatching it back. Sound familiar?

Even though I know beyond doubt that He loves me and has a perfect plan for me (Jeremiah 29:11), I still want to have some control.

But the longer I walk with Him, the more I’m able to surrender to His will, His purpose, His plan. And the more I surrender, the more He uses me. And the more He uses me, the more I feel His pleasure.

If you want to hear “well done,” be willing to do as the Lord calls; surrender each day and serve Him … and Him alone.

No comments: