Sunday, May 02, 2010

Awesome and Wonderful You! (Ps. 139:13-16)

For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

(Psalm 139:13-16, NASB)

Fearfully and wonderfully made. I often joke when I speak that many of us would agree with “fearfully.” I’m downright scary! you say. But that’s not what “fearfully” means. It means “awesomely.”

Awesomely. Wonderfully.

You are awesomely and wonderfully made. If you have a relationship with Jesus, you are God’s beloved daughter or son. God looks at you and sees such beauty. Have you stopped to think about that?

So often, all we see are the scars, the flaws, the wrinkles. We see the many mistakes. The times we strayed.

But God doesn’t see all of that. Those of us who are cleansed by Jesus Christ’s sacrificial blood are as white as snow in the eyes of our Abba Father (see Psalm 51). He sees purity where we see sin. He sees beauty where we see ugliness. He sees awesome where we see a big ol’ mess.

Try and see yourself the way your Lord God does. Look through His eyes. Know that you’re awesome and wonderful. And you are.

No comments: