Wednesday, May 19, 2010

God is Faithful (Ruth 2:18-20)

Then she took it up and went into the city, and her mother-in-law saw what she had gleaned. So she brought out and gave to her what she had kept back after she had been satisfied. And her mother-in-law said to her, “Where have you gleaned today? And where did you work? Blessed be the one who took notice of you.” So she told her mother-in-law with whom she had worked, and said, “The man’s name with whom I worked today is Boaz.” Then Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, “Blessed be he of the LORD, who has not forsaken His kindness to the living and the dead!” And Naomi said to her, “This man is a relation of ours, one of our close relatives.”
(Ruth 2:18-20, NKJV)

Naomi finally recognized what she should have known all along. God is faithful. Through dark times of sorrow, He is faithful. Through joyful celebrations, He is faithful.

He does not and will not forsake His children. Never.

Naomi allowed circumstances to pull her from faith in Jehovah God. I totally understand because I did exactly the same thing. I allowed the pain of abuse to take me away from God for years and years. But, praise God, I too remembered His faithfulness to me. His provision. His protection. His kindness.

Have you allowed circumstances to distance you from God? Have you allowed others to take your focus off of God’s faithfulness? Believe me when I tell you God hasn’t forgotten you. He hasn’t left you without hope.

If you feel forsaken, run to your Father God, your Abba, your Daddy. Climb up onto His lap and allow His love and grace to flow over you.

He’s waiting.

No comments: