Thursday, May 20, 2010

God's Plan (Ruth 2:18-20)

Ruth the Moabitess said, “He also said to me, ‘You shall stay close by my young men until they have finished all my harvest.’” And Naomi said to Ruth her daughter-in-law, “It is good, my daughter, that you go out with his young women, and that people do not meet you in any other field.” So she stayed close by the young women of Boaz, to glean until the end of barley harvest and wheat harvest; and she dwelt with her mother-in-law.
(Ruth 2:18-20, NKJV)

The hand of God hovers throughout the book of Ruth. It’s no coincidence that Ruth returned with Naomi. It’s not chance that Ruth ended up in Boaz’ fields.

God already had a plan to redeem both women. He planned protection. He planned provision.

And just as He had a plan for Ruth and Naomi, He has a plan for you and me. I just came back from speaking at a couple of events in the Santa Barbara area, and the topic “just happened” to be on God’s plans for our lives. My theme verse is Jeremiah 29:11, which assures us that God knows the plans He has for us. His plans are for peace, not evil, to bring us a future filled with hope.

Even when things look dark as they did for Naomi in Moab, we who trust in God and are part of His family can be confident He really will work out all things for good (Romans 8:28).

No comments: