Thursday, July 04, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

We interrupt our usual programming (!) ... Okay, just a one-day break from our study in John ...

I wanted to wish each of you a happy 4th of July.

Whatever you choose to do today (a picnic in the park, going to Disneyland, a backyard BBQ), take a moment to pray for our nation. We're so very blessed to live in freedom and prosperity, yes; however, we do need to remember to Whom we belong. We should thank God for His blessings, for His provision, for His protection.

We also need to follow the words in 2 Chronicles:
"... [if] My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and heal their land" (7:14).
I pray for God's richest blessings on you and yours this Independence Day!

No comments: