Friday, September 05, 2014

Another Friday ...

Last Friday, I deviated from my regular daily devotional for one reason ... this Friday, I'm doing the same.

You know how sometimes your brain just doesn't work the way it should? Senior moments? Brain fade? Or, in my case, fibro fog ... I've been dealing with a pretty bad fibro flare-up for the last couple of days, and my brain is definitely foggy.

So, rather than try to find some biblical insight (which, by the way, always come from the Holy Spirit, not from me!), I'm just going to share a thought that came to mind as I dragged my weary body from bed this morning.

I've written before that each day God gets me out of bed reminds me that He has a purpose for me ... if only for that day. I awoke this morning with the words of Lamentations 3:22-23. I love the reminder that God's love and mercies constantly, daily sustain and cover me.

Because of His care for me, I know I can make it through ... one day at a time.

Because He is strong when I am weak, I know I can make it through ... one day at a time.

Because He promised to love me everlastingly, I know I can make it through ... one day at a time.

So, today, I lean on Him ... just for today.

No comments: