Monday, September 08, 2014

Sharing God's Wisdom (Psalm 71:18)



Today's scripture: Psalm 71:18

A week ago, I wrote about how, even though I've reached the half-century mark, I don't really feel old. Maybe it's because I'm not grayheaded ... yes, I do have a smattering of gray here and there, but so far, so good!

However, there is one very positive aspect to growing older: I am growing wiser, and God often allows me to speak truth and wisdom into the lives of those "to come." I am so very blessed to have younger people in my life, many of whom I call "children of my heart." Often, one of them will ask me for counsel or encouragement, and I'm privileged to "declare [God's] strength" to her.

I can share of how God never left my side even though I turned my back on Him. I can tell of how He blesses me through difficult times. I can affirm how He uses all things for His glory and my good (Romans 8:28). I can confidently state that He is loving and good.

Often, I have experienced similar situations as my "kids" have, so I can relate to their pain ... or to their joy.

Yes, getting older has its share of frustrations, but it also brings many positives. Frankly, I'll take the good over the bad every day.

If you're of a "certain age," thank God that He has brought you this far, and ask Him to bring those "to come" people into your life, so that you can share your God-given wisdom with them.

No comments: