Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Our Personal God (Psalm 72:12-13)


Today's scripture: Psalm 71:12-13

One of the many reasons I believe in the God of the Bible is the promise that He is a personal, loving God. He is not one of many. He is not some omnipotent being somewhere "out there." He didn't just create the world and set it off spinning on its own.

No. He is close, as close as my next breath. When I come to Him in prayer, He listens. When I cry out in pain, He offers comfort. When I'm in need, He helps me.

I really feel sorry for those who aren't in relationship with this personal loving God. I really do.

Not being confident that all-powerful God is in loving control.

Not being confident that He gives them daily strength.

Not being confident that He is deeply interested in their lives.

So sad.

When I wake up each morning, I can say, "This is Your day, Lord. Do with it as You will." He'll take that day, and whatever happens, He will work out for His glory and my ultimate good (Romans 8:28).

We are dearly loved by the sovereign Creator of the universe. He is our ever-present, ever-good, ever-loving God.

No comments: