Monday, September 01, 2014

Old Age ... (Psalm 71:9-11)


Today's scripture: Psalm 71:9-11

Sometimes, I cannot believe I've reached the half-century mark. Fifty always seemed ... well, old. I feel far from old, though—at least in my mind. I'm quite certain that, if my body feels old, it's more because of ill-health than age.

I'm currently in rehearsals for a musical in which the majority of the cast could easily be my children, and I'm keeping up with most of them during hours of rather strenuous choreography.

I really don't feel old.

Praise God, however, even if I do feel old, even if I do age here on earth, I will always have strength. God-given strength.

Never will my enemies be able to say, "God has forsaken her." Never.

I know my God will never leave me, never forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). He will give me strength to do anything He calls me to do (Philippians 4:13). I know He'll hold my hand and protect me (Psalm 37:24).

God may take me home tomorrow or keep me here on earth for another three or four decades ... no matter His plan, I will trust that He will never cast me off or forsake me.

No comments: