Friday, September 26, 2014

In the Midst of Trouble (Psalm 18:7-8)


Today's scripture: Psalm 138:7-8

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble ..."

Oh, does that sound about right. Every day seems to bring its own brand of trouble for each of us. For me, it's my ill-health. For others, it's watching a loved one suffered. For still others, relationships are breaking apart or the proverbial tax-collector is at the door.

We're all walking through some kind of trouble, and frankly, I don't know how those who don't follow the Lord handle it.

As a follower of Christ, I live with the confidence that He will "revive me." I know that "His right hand will save me."

I rejoice that He "will perfect that which concerns me."

He will protect me and provide for me and give me supernatural peace in every moment of trouble.

Why? Because He is merciful and gracious and good. He is awe-inspiringly righteous and holy.

He loves me ... and He loves you.

No comments: