Monday, November 24, 2014

God's Word ... Amazing! (Psalm 19:7-11)



Today's scripture: Psalm 19:7-11

Have I mentioned how much I love, love, love God's word? I don't know why I'm continually amazed how it speaks to me in new ways even though I've read it all the way through each year for the last decade and even though I've studied books, chapters, and verses over and over again.

I have to confess, though, that I hadn't been focusing on in-depth study for a while. I did read daily devotionals, write this blog, do topical studies, and continue my "through the year" reading, but I wasn't truly meditating on God's word.

I just let "life" take over ... and I know me. If I want to be grounded in the Bible and continue to grow in my faith, I must have this focused time.

God knows my heart and my desire to know Him more, so He blessed me with a new small group at church a few weeks ago, and we began a study in the book of James ... and I remembered how amazing His word truly is.

Then, this morning, I meditated on today's scripture, and tears filled my eyes. May I encourage you to read through them again? And again? Maybe in a few different versions (I especially love the CEV's paraphrase)?

God's word is such an amazing gift. It encourages, affirms, educates, edifies, convicts, teaches ... sometimes all at the same time. I encourage you to spend time, real time, in it every day. Meditate on its truths. Revel in its encouragement. Learn from its conviction.

And delight in the knowledge that your God loves you so very much that He left a written document ... just for you!

No comments: