Monday, July 18, 2011

God Supplies All Our Needs (Phil. 4:17-20)

Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.
(Philippians 4:17-20, NKJV)

When you stop to think about it, we have very few needs. We need water and food to sustain our bodies. We need shelter to protect us from the elements. We need relationships. And in our society, we need some method of financial trade.

That’s about it.

We don’t need big, fancy houses. We don’t need the latest car or gadget. We don’t need trendy clothes. We don’t need jewels or filet mignon.

And God promises to supply all our needs, not our wants. The amazing thing? Sometimes He also provides our wants as well. It’s okay to pray for our wants. When my husband and I wanted to buy a larger home, I prayed about it. I wanted God’s will in that purchase, and He worked it out beautifully.

Our God, like a loving father, desires good things for His children, and He will care for us. He will supply our needs. And sometimes our wants, as well.

No comments: