Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Lord Is at Hand (Phil. 4:5)

Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
(Philippians 4:5, NKJV)

The Lord is at hand. I love these words. So often in His word, our Lord reminds us that He is here with us at all times. Joshua heard the words, “… for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (1:9). The psalmist wrote, “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?” (139:7). His conclusion? Nowhere.

And we can know He loves us with an “everlasting love” (Jeremiah 31:3) and His covenant is equally everlasting (Jeremiah 32:40).

Jesus Himself promised to be with us always … always (Matthew 28:20).

Some might see God’s constant presence as “Big Brother” watching our every move, ready to pounce on us should we displease Him. Not me. I’m comforted beyond measure that He is with me, every moment of every day.

He walks alongside me, rejoicing with me in the good times, weeping with me in the times of pain. He holds my hand, guiding me. He carries my daily burden (Psalm 68:19).

The Lord is at hand. Thank You, Abba!

No comments: