Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Daily Prayer ... for You (Colossians 1:9-12)


Today's scripture: Colossians 1:9-12

I love these verses. In fact, I pray them every day for me, for my family, for my friends. I pray them for those for whom I've spoken or whom I've taught. I pray them for my "kids."

And if you know the Lord, because you're reading this devotional, I pray them for you as well.

I pray that we "may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding ..." I pray we'll take time to focus on His word today and learn its truth so that we might become more and more wise with God's wisdom.

I pray that we will "walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects ..." We are truly not worthy of grace and mercy, but God sees worth in each and every one of us. To honor Him, we should desire to live according to His commandments, which pleases Him. I pray we focus on Him today and live to please Him.

I pray we will "bear fruit in every good work ..." What can we do this very day to bring glory and honor to Him? How can we serve Him and others? I pray we look for those opportunities to bless others today.

I pray we will "increase in the knowledge of God ..." He desires to reveal Himself to His children. He wants us to know Him intimately by our spending time in conversation with Him, speaking to Him and listening to His voice. I pray we'll take that time with Him today.

I pray we'll be "strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might ..." Paul wrote in another letter that he "could do all things through Christ who strengthens" him (Philippians 4:13). I pray we find our strength in Christ, and Him alone.


Finally, I pray we "joyously give thanks to the Lord ..." He has blessed us abundantly with grace, mercy, love, forgiveness, strength, healing, help, refuge ... and the list goes on and on and on. How can we help but joyously thank Him? I pray we give Him all thanks, glory, honor, and praise today.

I pray these over you today ... and will continue to do so every day.

No comments: