Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Our Rescuer (Colossians 1:13-14)



Today's scripture: Colossians1:13-14

I read today's verses, and I am so grateful ... and so humbled.

I understand being "rescued ... from the domain of darkness ..." I've shared bits and pieces of my story over the last several years, so I may have mentioned that I was raised in a Christian home. I learned about Jesus and how He died for my sins, and when I was six years old, I asked Jesus to come into my heart.

That could have been the "happily ever after" to my story, but I allowed years of sexual abuse to take me away from my faith. I made a deliberate choice to walk into the "domain of darkness." For many years, I lived my own life, totally disregarding the faith of my childhood. 

It wasn't until I hit the lowest point of my journey–depression, infertility–that I finally looked up ... and found my Rescuer, just waiting to welcome me back. His arms were opened wide, and He embraced me, forgave my sins, and offered the gift of redemption.

I now know beyond doubt that my home is in His kingdom. I'm no longer in that darkness, but I am covered by His light.

If you're in darkness, if your life seems out of control, if you're hurting from the choices you've made, then look up. Look into the face of the God who loves you more than you could possibly know. Look into His eyes brimming with grace and mercy. 

He is waiting to rescue from the "domain of darkness." He is waiting to welcome you into the "kingdom of His beloved Son ..." The Son who died for your sins.

Look up.

No comments: