Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Restore the Joy (Psalm 51:12-13)


Today's scripture: Psalm 51:12-13

If you’ve been a Christ-follower a while, you may have fallen into a spiritual rut. You have your quiet time. You go to a Bible study each week. You serve at your church. It’s all good, but you feel a bit … stagnant.

Ever felt that way? I certainly have. It’s not a lack of faith; it’s just, well, like any relationship. You sometimes take that other person for granted, or you let the worries of the world take your focus.

If you haven’t felt like this yet, you likely will in the future. And when you do, verse 12 is a great gem to keep in mind.

You can pray, “Lord God, please ‘restore to me the joy of Your salvation.’ Remind me of the awe I felt when I first met You. Help me to feel the overwhelming wonder of knowing that the God of all creation is my Father.”

He’ll abundantly overflow your heart with His love. And when He does, you’ll want to share your joy with others. 

Don’t get stuck in a rut. Don’t take God for granted. Instead, pray for restoration of heart. And then spread the joy.

No comments: