Monday, June 02, 2014

Being With "Family" (Psalm 42:4)



Today's scripture: Psalm 42:4

I love the fact that when I find myself with a group of Christ-followers, I'm with family. Since I don't have children of my own, and my own family is spread across the country, I find myself seeking others to be my "family."

I've found family at church ("... the house of God") and in small groups. I've found family at one of my favorite places to be—LifeHouse Theater in Redlands. I've found family in pockets of believers at past jobs.

There's a reason why we're told not to neglect fellowship with other believers (I apologize: I'm having a bit of fibro brain this morning and can't remember the passage this comes from ... I think it's in Hebrews?). Being around other people who share our faith and believe in our Lord helps us to grow in our own faith.

Seeing how the Lord answers others' prayers reminds us that He always does. Hearing stories about His provision assures us He always will provide. Reading of how He's miraculously intervened in difficult situations gives us confidence that He still does miracles today.

While it is important to be in a good, Bible-teaching church home, we can find those "multitudes" that lift up "voice[s] of joy and praise" in so many places. Work. Someone's home. Even a faith-based theater.

Just find that place where you feel surrounded by the love of Jesus. Find that family.

You'll be so blessed when you do.

No comments: