Thursday, June 26, 2014

What Brings You Hope? (Psalm 16:9-10)



Today's scripture: Psalm 16:9-10

Hope.

What brings you hope? I challenge you to stop reading right now and ask yourself this question:

What brings me hope?

Do you find hope in relationships? In your career? In your home? In your stuff? And what happens when that relationship ends? When the pink slip comes? When your house burns down (and yes, I've had friends who have lost their homes this way ...).

Where then do you find your hope?

For a long while, I found my hope in what I could do. I strove to accomplish everything in my way with my strength with my skills. Then, through bouts of depression and a lengthy struggle with infertility, I realized that I had no strength ... I had no hope.

I finally realized how hopeless I was, and it was only then that I found true hope in God.

I find hope in the confidence He has a plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11) and that plan is to bring Him glory and me good (Romans 8:28). I find hope in the knowledge that I'm not alone (Hebrews 13:5) and that the Holy Spirit is my Helper, interceding for me (Romans 8:26-27).

Most of all, I find hope in the security of eternity with my Lord (John 14:1-3). One day, I'll live with Him in the new heaven and new earth with no pain, no sorrow (Revelation 21:3-4).

My hope is in the Lord, and I can rest ...

No comments: