Thursday, June 05, 2014

Never Forgotten (Psalm 42:9-10)



Today's scripture: Psalm 42:9-10

Many times in my life, I have felt forgotten ... When my dad left our family. When I was abused. When I couldn't get pregnant.

While I never doubted God's existence, I doubted if He really loved me or maybe He'd forgotten me. So, I went on my meandering, twenty-year journey, trying to find my own way. And even if my enemies didn't ask, I often did: "Where is my God?"

It wasn't until I faced a fork in the road that I realized that God never forgot me even as I turned my back to Him—over and over again. It was a brisk September evening over twenty years ago that I realized if I didn't head down the road of surrendering everything to Him, I would head down the road of self-destruction.

Since that September evening, my life has been far from the world's definition of perfect.

I still dealt with infertility, which culminated in my not having children of my own ... but the Lord hadn't forgotten me. He has blessed me with "children of my heart" who bless me so very much.  

I currently deal with chronic pain and fatigue ... but the Lord hasn't forgotten me. He blesses me every day with strength to accomplish what He has planned for me.

I have not been forgotten even when the road seems dark. I know He'll shine His light and guide me.

No comments: