Monday, June 09, 2014

Attend to My Prayer (Psalm 61:1-2)



Today's scripture: Psalm 61:1-2

I know I've written this before, but I find it amazing that the God of the universe, the Creator of all things, "attends[s] to my prayer ..." He listens to me. He wants to hear my voice.

It is humbling ...

No matter where I am, God hears me. No matter how low the valley or how high the mountaintop, He listens to my cries.

I've probably written this before too, but one of my favorite names by which God calls Himself is Abba ... Daddy. The psalmist writes, "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I." When my heart is overwhelmed, when the pain is almost more than I can bear, when the weariness is bone-deep, when loneliness closes in ... I know I can cry out to my Daddy.

I can crawl onto His lap and lay my head on his chest ... and He will hear me. He will "attend to my prayer." He will offer peace, comfort, and strength. He will wrap me in His arms of love.

Are you crying out today? Is your heart overwhelmed? Then climb onto your Daddy's lap. Share your pain with Him.

He will hear you ...  

No comments: