Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pardon My Iniquity (Psalm 25:11)



Today's scripture: Psalm 25:11

The Bible tells us (and I'm pretty sure we'd know this even if it didn't) in Romans 3:23 that ALL have sinned ... ALL. I think that means ... ALL.

Even if one doesn't believe in the Bible, I think most people would agree that there's something is very, very broken in this world.

It often seems quite hopeless ... or at least it would be if I wasn't assured that the God of the Bible is faithful and real and true, and He offers salvation.

I know I can cry the words of the psalmist, "Pardon my iniquity ..." and He will. I know I can confess my sins, and He will be faithful to forgive me (1 John 1:9).

Even more, I know that one day, this broken, sinful world will be no more. There will be a new heaven and a new earth—a perfect place where I will be in the presence of my Lord God forever.

So, while on earth, I commit each day to the Lord. I seek His will and His purpose. I confess when I sin ... and I sing the wise, enduring words of my very favorite hymn:

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth.
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide.
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.
Blessings all mine and ten-thousand besides."
("Great Is Thy Faithfulness," lyrics: Thomas O. Chisholm)

No comments: