Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Lord Has Heard ... (Psalm 6:8-10)


Today's scripture: Psalm 6:8-10

Yesterday, I wrote of how the Lord helps me through those days of groaning. Today's verses make it clear why that is so: The Lord has heard ...

When I ask for strength to get through each day, He hears me ... and He gives me strength. When I need extra energy to accomplish what's on my calendar, He hears me ... and He gives me energy. When I pray for a lifting of pain for a moment, He hears me ... and He masks the pain.

I was reminded of this over the weekend. I love to participate with a local faith-based theater. After a grueling tech week (rehearsals Monday-Friday evening and Saturday afternoon), we opened Saturday night. I've been fighting a cold, and other stressors had exacerbated my daily pain. I'm playing a supporting role, and I have to admit: I was feeling less than well for our performances.

I know, however, God uses me at this theater (particularly, to connect with young women as an "adopted" mom or big sister), so I prayed for an extra measure of strength and a momentary alleviation of pain for both weekend performances ... and He heard me.

As soon as I walked on the stage for each scene, I felt a supernatural energy and lack of pain ... As soon as I walked off, the pain returned.

You might think, "If God removes the pain temporarily, why not do so permanently?" Good question. My only answer is because He continues to use my pain to help refine me and encourage others. My prayer is that others see how God strengthens me through the pain so they can know He'll help them as well.

Be confident in this: When you cry out to God, He hears you. He really does.


No comments: