Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Joy in the Morning (Psalm 30:4-5)



Today's scripture: Psalm 30:4-5

We have so many reasons to praise our Lord. Grace. Mercy. Love. Forgiveness. Provision. Protection ... and the list goes on.

So often, however, we get so caught up in our day-to-day struggles, we forget just how blessed we are.

So, it is so very important to remember how much God loves us. I know (for myself at least), I need to pause and meditate on all He is and all He has done.

I remember that He is my shelter, my banner, my strong tower. He offers me peace and comfort. He is my refuge in the storm.

He is holy and just. He desires a relationship with me—with me! He gives me strength to accomplish what He has called me to do ... even if it's just one moment at a time.

Then I'm reminded that any storm I face is only temporary. As the psalmist writes in today's scripture: "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." This could be literal, but I also believe it is a promise for the time when there truly will be no more death, crying, sorrow, or pain (see Revelation 21:4).

Indeed, in this world, we will have trials and tribulations; Jesus Himself promised this. However, we who follow Him can be assured of one thing: He has already won the war (see John 16:33)!

Joy absolutely will come in the morning!

No comments: