Friday, August 08, 2014

My Hiding Place (Psalm 32:6-7)


Today's scripture: Psalm 32:6-7

I love to worship God through song. It's one of my very favorite things to do. I especially love praise songs based on scripture. I not only get to sing to the Lord, but I also get to memorize His word!

In fact, often, I find a praise song that speaks to my heart, and then later, I learn it comes directly from the Bible. I love that!

A long while ago, I fell in love with a simple praise chorus:

You are my hiding place.
You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance.
Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
I will trust in You.
Let the weak say I am strong in the strength of the Lord.
It's a simple song, but full of such truth. And its words come from today's scripture.

Our God invites us to climb up on His lap and find refuge in His arms. When we are afraid or uncertain, we can hide in Him. We can trust Him to fulfill His perfect will in and through us.

We are weak; He is strong. We are lost; He shines His light. We're in trouble; He preserves us.

We can trust Him because He is fully and completely worthy of our trust.

No comments: