Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dwelling with the Lord (Psalm 27:4-5)


Today's scripture: Psalm 27:4-5

Yesterday, we talked about why we don't have to fear. I ended the devotional by saying that even if man takes my life, I still don't need to fear because I'd be in the arms of my Savior.

Today, the psalmist echoes a longing in my heart: to "dwell in the house of the Lord ..." In context, he's writing about dwelling with Lord in spirit while still on earth. But I imagine he's also thinking about dwelling with the Lord for eternity.

That's what resonates with me.

I think that people who suffer from chronic health issues may imagine being with Jesus even more than those who don't. Because I long to be pain-free (and it doesn't seem like God's plan includes my being pain-free on earth), I so look forward to heaven where one day there will be no more pain (Revelation 21:4).

I can hardly wait for the time when I can "behold the beauty of the
Lord." I eagerly anticipate seeing His face, being in His presence.

And, "I will dwell in the house of the
Lord forever" (Psalm 23:6).

No comments: