Thursday, August 28, 2014

Praise Him All Day Long (Psalm 71:7-8)


Today's scripture: Psalm 71:7-8

What do you do all day? Work? Go to school? Take care of your children? Play?

We all have things we have to do throughout each day. I know I do.

Then I read verses like one of today's. Verse eight asks the Lord:

Let my mouth be filled with Your praise
And with Your glory all the day.

All the day ...

Praising God ... all the day.

Being filled with God's glory ... all the day.

The Contemporary English Version says, "I will praise and honor you all day long."

All day long ...

If you're like me, you have your time of Bible study and prayer sometime in the day (I tend to have my quiet time in the morning). How often, however, do we relegate that time to a certain hour of the day? Do we really focus on God the rest of the time? Do we really "praise and honor [Him] all day long"?

Today, I'm going to try to keep my Lord front of mind. I'm going to try to remember to "Let my mouth be filled with [His] praises."

All the day ...

No comments: