Monday, August 25, 2014

Wait on the Lord (Psalm 27:14)



Today's scripture: Psalm 27:14

Waiting ... one of my least favorite things to do. I don't really like waiting in traffic, waiting in line at the grocery store, or waiting for a doctor's appointment. I'd much rather do than wait.

However, quite often, God asks us to wait. Wait for answered prayer. Wait for direction. Wait for a revelation of His will.

That's not easy for many of us ...

The thing I love most about today's verse is through the waiting comes growth. We become stronger in the wait. We learn to trust Him more. We learn to stay calm in the storm. We learn to see how His plans are always better than our own.

I've been praying for years for something near and dear to my heart. I believe God continues to ask me to wait. As I've waited through the years, I've come to rely more and more on God, trusting Him to work everything out according to His plan and His purpose. I know, because He's asked me to wait in the past, He will answer my prayer one day.

I can wait, with confidence and courage, growing stronger in faith every day.

No comments: