Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Refuge (Psalm 71:1-3)



Today's scripture: Psalm 71:1-3

On more days than I care to admit, I need a refuge. I need Someone stronger than I could ever be. I need a rock, a foundation.

I am so very, very weak. Before I get out of bed each morning, I stretch to alleviate some of the pain that seems to accumulate through the night. Then, more often than not, I say something like, "Lord Jesus, please hold my hand more tightly today. Please be my strength today."

Because of how He's carried me in the past, because He has been trustworthy, I know that He'll save me this day.

One day at a time.

I know when I can't do this thing called life on my own, I can run (figuratively, of course!) to a place of refuge: God Himself. I can "resort continually" to His strong arms. I can stand on the solid rock of His presence and seek shelter in His fortress.

Yes, I am weak. Yes, I have little strength on my own. How very, very blessed I am that I'm not alone. I do have a refuge. I do have a loving God to whom I can go.

Are you feeling a bit weak today? Do you need a place of refuge? Run (or walk ... or even crawl) to the One who will be your strength today.

No comments: