Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Strength of My Life (Psalm 27:1-3)


Today's scripture: Psalm 27:1-3

I love, love, LOVE today's verses! We even talked about them in church on Sunday ...

We live in a really scary world. So much death and violence. So much sickness and pain. So many people doing so many awful things to so many others ...

If I didn't know that the God of the universe is real and in control, I would just crawl into a hole and ... well, you know ...

But I do know that the God of the Bible created this world. I do know He was in control then and is in control now. I do know that He is the ultimate victor in this fight against evil.

So, I don't have to worry. I don't have to fear.

These verses don't say I don't need to fear because nothing bad will happen. The psalmist still had enemies. No, I don't need to fear because, even if bad does happen, God is "my light and my salvation."

Man can hurt me, torture me, persecute me ... kill me. But I don't have to fear any of this because God, the "strength of my life," will help me through whatever comes my way.

And if man's efforts take my life? I know I'll be with my Savior. Forever.

So, really, why should I fear?

No comments: