Thursday, August 21, 2014

Seek His Face (Psalm 27:6-10)



Today's scripture: Psalm 27:6-10

It's a mystery.

The Almighty God, creator of the universe, wants to reveal Himself to me. To flawed, sinful, rebellious me ...

Just astounding.

I don't believe in living in regret. Once I recommitted myself to the Lord and asked for His forgiveness for my willfulness and sin, He forgave me. He cleansed me completely. So, I can't wallow in guilt.

There are still times, however, when I look back at what I was, how I purposefully turned my back on God, believing He didn't really love me. I think about the choices I made, the paths I chose.

It's during those times when I humbly come to God in complete gratitude for His love and grace ... and then I marvel that I can come to Him. I can call out to Him. I can lift my voice in praise. I can trust in His protection and provision.

All because He loves me enough to allow me to seek His face.

The face of Almighty God.

No comments: