Thursday, March 02, 2017

Courage Through Hope (Psalm 31:24)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 31:24

Do you feel discouraged?

Do you feel fearful?

Do you feel weak?

Do you sometimes wonder if you’re alone in this big, cruel world?

Most importantly, do you know Jesus?

If you answered yes to all of the above, I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news? You will probably occasionally feel discouraged or fearful or weak. That’s that human side of you. Sometimes, in our frailty, we do feel all of these things.

But here’s the good news: If you know Jesus, you can be assured of that He will give you strength and courage if you ask Him. If you ask Him to walk alongside you, He will.

I often wake up in the morning in pain, and I often feel very weak. And when I feel that pain and that weakness, I often feel discouraged. But I know that when I ask, Jesus will give me the strength to make it through the day.

I can have hope that He will do what He promises to do, so I really can be of good courage—in His strength.

If you’re feeling discouraged or fearful, ask Jesus right this moment to strengthen your heart. Ask Him now for the hope that comes in knowing Him.

No comments: