Friday, March 24, 2017

Hope in the Unseen (Romans 8:24-25)

Today’s scripture: Romans 8:24-25

I don’t know about you, but I’m a hands-on kind of gal. I learn best by touching and feeling. Don’t try to explain it to me. Don’t give me a manual. Let me sit down and try it myself.

And it’s easy for me to talk about hoping in things I can see.

I hope you feel better.
I hope you can come to the party.
I hope that my team wins.

I speak this way, and I don’t think I’m alone.

But then I read verses like this, and I stop and think.

“Hope that is seen is not hope.”

What does this mean?

One of the definitions of hope is “to believe, desire, or trust.” It’s easy for me to believe or desire or trust something I can see, so is there any real hope in that?

Real hope does come in hoping for what we do not see. We don’t see Jesus with our eyes, but we can hope for the future when we remember that Jesus is real, and He’s alive today.

Thank Jesus that He’s your living Savior. Thank Him for the hope you can have, even when you can’t see Him with your eyes. Ask Him to let you see Him with your heart.

No comments: