Tuesday, March 07, 2017

God Is Our Hope (Psalm 71:5)

Today’s scripture: Psalm 71:5

I asked Jesus to come into my heart when I was six years old. I had an unwavering faith . . . until I was seven. My father’s leaving our family set into motion circumstances that I allowed to take me away from that faith, and I spent the next two decades walking along a rebellious path.

However, even though I had walked away from God, I learned later that He had never walked away from me. That faith that I had as a six-year-old girl eventually proved to be true and worthy of trust.

When I was twenty-nine, I recommitted my life to the Lord, and as I looked back over those 23+ years, I realized that God had protected me and provided for me and blessed me in spite of my turning from Him.

That “trust from my youth” had sustained me even when I was far from deserving it.

God was indeed my hope then—as a six-year-old and as a rebellious teen and young adult.

And God is my hope today.

Have you known Jesus since you were a child? Have you thanked Him lately for that childlike trust? Or did you meet Him as an adult? Ask Him to give you that childlike faith again.

No comments: